[CentOS] getting rid of hp c3180

Phil Perry pperry at elrepo.org
Thu Jul 20 07:45:54 UTC 2017

On 20/07/17 07:29, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> Does a Canon MF232W work with Centos?
>> From
> https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/imageclass-mf232w#fb5cab1c-c86d-4fda-864d-6023bbc5a3a6_tab
>
> I got the following message:
> There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be
> included in your OS or you may not need a driver.
> It had autodetected linux 64-bit.
> To me, that suggests that I should be able to
> connect it and it should pretty much just work.
> Am I correct?

My guess would be no. It appears to use a proprietary built in engine
that will need a driver and Canon don't appear to provide drivers for
Linux for that model. I'd be very surprised if it will work.

I'd recommend you look for a model with good Linux support, preferably
based upon a Postscript/PCL engine.