[CentOS] getting rid of hp c3180

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Jul 20 20:27:14 UTC 2017

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017, Phil Perry wrote:

> On 20/07/17 07:29, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> Does a Canon MF232W work with Centos?

> My guess would be no. It appears to use a proprietary built in engine that
> will need a driver and Canon don't appear to provide drivers for Linux for
> that model. I'd be very surprised if it will work.

Next on the list is a Brother HL-L2360DW.
It appears to work with linux.
I got as far as this page:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hll2360dw_us&os=127
I infer that the "Driver Install Tool" will install the four listed rpms,
probably from a script.
Is that the way to go?
Printer installs have given me so much joy in the past,
that I approach them with fear and trepidation.

Also, my original notes do not contain the second L in HL-L2360DW.
Its presence here is the result of inference.
If someone has reason to believe it an erroneous inference,
please let me know.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards