[CentOS] getting rid of hp c3180

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sat Jul 22 05:36:50 UTC 2017

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2017, Fred Smith wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 03:27:14PM -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>
>>> Next on the list is a Brother HL-L2360DW.
>>> It appears to work with linux.
>>> I got as far as this page:
>>> http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hll2360dw_us&os=127

> If  I use the install tool,
> does it matter whether I have the printer connected during the install?

It does.
The directions that came in the box say to do so, but I forgot.
The result was that the test page went to my old printer.

Telling CUPS about it wasn't too bad.
Just went through the "add Printer" menus.

BTW one has to read the box fairly carefully
to realize that the printer comes with toner.
One has to make an inference from the term "replacement cartridge".

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards