[CentOS] Fedora bugs and EOL [was Re: CentOS users: please try and provide feedback on Fedora] Boltron

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sun Jul 30 18:22:04 UTC 2017

On 07/30/2017 09:41 AM, Walter H. wrote:
> On 30.07.2017 14:29, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> I personally have a Fedora machine that I keep updated and do some work
>> on all the time learning/testing.  I just seamlessly upgraded it from
>> Fedora 25 to Fedora 26 using a couple of dnf commands .. awesome
>> experience actually.
> because of this feature to upgrade from one release to the next, I
> thought to test this on my old computer;
> fedora itself works fine, but this upgrade from 25 to 26 broke the
> vmware workstaion completely ...
> it doesn't work any more, any hints in net which could be found don't
> work ...
> and this was the goal to have a linux running with vmware workstation
> instead of my old windows ...
>
> but as it seems there is no way of achiving this ...

Looking at VMWare Workstation, it does not seem to run on Fedora at all.
It seems to run on :

    Ubuntu 16.04
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1
    CentOS 7.1
    Oracle Linux 7
    openSUSE 13.2
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12

So, I'm not sure how it was running on Fedora 25 to get messed up by an
upgrade to Fedora 26.