[CentOS] claiming unsused space back

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Mon Jul 31 16:09:05 UTC 2017

On Jul 31, 2017, at 7:28 AM, Leroy Tennison <leroy at datavoiceint.com> wrote:

> if you have found Debian commands, you're doing better than me.  What are they?

I’m not aware of a generic Debian-to-CentOS command translation dictionary.  You’ll have to be specific about the commands you’re not finding.

Almost all of the commands you can run on a Debian system apply to a CentOS system, and vice versa.  The main differences today are in the packaging system.  Prior to the systemd takeover of the world, there were also significant command differences in the init system.

(See, haters, there’s actual value in systemd!)

Anyway, your `dd` command will run just fine on CentOS.  The only thing I’d look at changing is that it will only affect the root filesystem, which may not include all of the other filesystems you want to affect.  Post your mount table (i.e. output of the `mount` command) if you want advice here.