[CentOS] grub2-btrfs & yum-plugin-snapper , new from my last post here

Sat Jul 1 22:12:08 UTC 2017
Andreas Benzler <andreas at benzlerweb.de>

Hello Guys,

While i work out the snapper on fedora 25 I've learnd more about python
and snapper.

Here the changes:

Snapper:

Created a combat util-linux 2.24.2 from fedora 20, static only.
This make snapper rollback available (needfull thing). Tryed to patch
snapper, there are to many changes. This will not breake centos 7
system. Only works for x86 / amd64 only this days & Centos 7, removed
many condition.

Grub2-Btrfs:

Removed "Requires: grub2", because that will install grub2 on
efi systems.

yum-plugin-snapper:

- Add gpl v3 for now
- Complete rewrote the plugin against the snapper dbus interface.
- filesystem root level check
- add single shot option, as it was on fedora before I patched it.
- more flexible as other ones I saw around.
- conflicts yum-plugin-fs-snapshot

Everything can be found at:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/andybe/Centos7Btrfs/

Snapper-Gui:

Needs epel-release because of python34

python34-pygobject3 is one of the badest hack inside spec file. I wanne
see it run with snapper-gui and compile on copr.

can be found at

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/andybe/CentOS7Python34/packages
/

Everything was tested on a Virtual Machine:

  - Snapper-GUI
  - snapper rollback
  - yum-plugin - every option.
  - grub2-btrfs

The only thing I still want to care is the grub2-btrfs plugin,
so it fits to CentOS 7. Then the personal project is done.

At this time I will reinstall CentOS on my laptop on btrfs and use
backup by send & receive on a blockdevice ZFS at my home server or
other storage with btrfs. I will see. Hopefully turn work into fun :-).

Sincerely

Andy

PS: It's up to you to get a taste on.