[CentOS] Upstream details at...

Wed Jul 5 15:25:23 UTC 2017
Stuart Barkley <stuartb at 4gh.net>

On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 at 18:45 -0000, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 10:15 AM, Stuart Barkley <stuartb at 4gh.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 at 08:00 -0000, centos-announce-request at centos.org wrote:
> >
> >> Upstream details at : https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2017-1609.html

I apparently wasn't clear about the issue.  The problem is the CentOS
announcements for all of the updates refer to web pages that claim
they will no longer exist after July 31, 2017.  There are two possible
problems:

- Old email (in various archives) may refer to non-existent content.
This is a Redhat issue that CentOS can't directly do anything about.
Redhat may (hopefully) decide they need to leave the old content
available at the old URLs.

- According to the Redhat announcement, future CentOS announcement
emails will need to refer to different URLs at a new location
(hopefully publicly available).  Based upon the information below this
looks like it can be addressed by the CentOS team.

I do read the various advisories to make decisions about the
importance of various fixes.  I hope that this public functionality is
not lost with the Redhat changes.

> The following page refers to the same RHBA:
>
> https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2017:1609
>
> which will not go away for some time ...

This appears to be publicly available, so I hope the CentOS advisories
will start referring to URLs similar to this one.

Thanks,
Stuart
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone