[CentOS] Firefox 52.2.x and javascipt issues

Thu Jul 6 15:36:48 UTC 2017
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 07/05/2017 03:27 PM, Bernard Lheureux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it me or there are a lot of troubles with Firefox ESR 52.2.x and
> javascript ???
> I face a lot of troubles with pages I used before correctly running
> javascript, since the update to firefox-52.2.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64 on
> my EL7 laptop

The latest update does seem to have caused some issues for me as well.
Certain sites (the Autodesk EAGLE site was one of them) seem to just
about completely hang with current Firefox for me.  Might have something
to do with having NoScript loaded; NoScript had an update within the
last few days that seems to have fixed the Autodesk EAGLE site issue.

The issue manifested itself with a nearly completely hung tab, and all
other tabs hung as well, with nothing clickable.  Clicking the X to
close the tab took thirty seconds to a minute to close; clicking X to
close Firefox completely took close to a minute to close. System specs:
Core i7-3740QM with 16GB of RAM and an SSD system drive.  It's not due
to a slow system.

I haven't experienced the issue since NoScript updated yesterday, so
maybe that was related.