[CentOS] CentOS 7.3 and e1000e

Sat Jul 8 12:01:33 UTC 2017

On Jul 8, 2017, at 7:45 AM, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you use NetworkManager or the network sysv service?
>
> I use the sysv service

Had you used NetworkManager, it would have detected the network coming up and started networking.  This is one of the reasons why I continue to use NM for our servers, I’ve been in similar situations (where power is restored to the rack with computers in it before to the rack with the networking equipment).  The ‘network’ sysv service just runs once and gives up if it can’t bring up the network.

The problem with LINKDELAY= is that it will always slow down the network service (even if the network is fine), and if you set it too high, might cause other services which rely on it to time out.