[CentOS] CentOS 7.3 and e1000e

Sun Jul 9 22:09:56 UTC 2017
Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer at ngtech.co.il>

What I did on couple of my CentOS boxes is:
- use a bridge which is connected to the specific nic(will always look as up
after boot)
- Run a cron script that checks if the nic state is "NO-CARRIER" or other
weird situations like no  IP address and try to run ifdown X-nic and then
ifup X-nic.

Depends on the hardware and situation you might need to choose what fits
youe environment as a solution instead of fixing the whole CentOS distro.

All The Bests,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator
Mobile: +972-5-28704261
Email: eliezer at ngtech.co.il

-----Original Message-----
From: CentOS [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Jerry Geis
Sent: Saturday, July 8, 2017 05:00
To: CentOS mailing list <centos at centos.org>
Subject: [CentOS] CentOS 7.3 and e1000e

Hi All  - I have a box running the above. Power was lost long enough that
UPS did not work. When power came back on the C7 box boots way faster than
the switch and resulted in no network. power cycling the C7 box resulted in
network.

This even happened a second time. The only way to get the box back was to
power cycle. the box is remote and no keyboard and mouse connected.

Any thoughts on why the e1000e would not talk to the switch ? The switch is
an unmanaged linksys - could not get the model. It auto negotiates to
1G/full.

Thanks, for any thoughts.

Jerry