[CentOS] Update of cloud-init in CentOS 7 Extras

Thu Jul 13 00:55:39 UTC 2017
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 07/12/2017 02:02 PM, Pierre Riteau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The version of cloud-init packaged in CentOS 7 Extras is rather old (0.7.5, which was released in 2014). It is missing some functionality that we would like to use, as well as important bug fixes.
> Before I tackle rebuilding the package myself, I would like to know if there is a plan to update extras to a newer cloud-init version, or if has anyone has already updated cloud-init and would be happy to share the spec?

I have just created a newer one for testing .. it is here:

https://buildlogs.centos.org/c7-extras/cloud-init/20170705233059/0.7.9-3.el7.centos.x86_64/

See if that one works for you and provide us some feedback .. it is
version 0.7.9-3.el7.centos

Once we get some positive feedback and work out any bugs, this one will
get released.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes