[CentOS] CentOS 7, NM, and IPv6

Thu Jul 13 08:29:20 UTC 2017
Peter Kjellström <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 19:22:20 -0400
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> On 07/12/17 12:09, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> > On 07/12/2017 07:13 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> > NM tends to log fairly verbose information.  It sounds like you've
> > looked at the network traffic.  Have you looked at the logs on the
> > affected systems?
> Next, there is *nothing*, not in dmesg*, not in /var/log/messages, to
> indicate when it failed, nor any failure message. No indication why
> the daemon didn't restart it.
>
> * Ok, I've got one good thing to say about C7: dmesg -H. Love it.

Maybe I can get that up to two good things...

 # journalctl -u NetworkManager # with optional -r for newest first

Is rather convenient when looking for logs for a specific unit/service.
A small added complexity is that there are two typically active units.
"NetworkManager.service" and "NetworkManager-dispatcher.service"
(.service can be omitted).

/Peter