[CentOS] Thanks to every one

Sun Jul 16 15:26:07 UTC 2017

On Sun, July 16, 2017 2:18 am, Andreas Benzler wrote:
> Thanks to all offers free service to provide Centos.
>
> Why? After I had the BIOS for the laptop T440 & docking station had I
> had immediately after the first installation works, without any
> failures.
>
> Since I know how hard such a work is, I thank everyone in the community
> to make that possible.
>
> Without a stable base I can not perform my Linux tests.
>
> Since I often have the time micht Rolling releases like ArchLinux or
> every half year, I know at the latest after a year, a Fedora update to
> perform is CentOS exactly the correct. I do not need the GUI support as
> in OpenSuSE, because who comes times from the shell knows what I mean.
>
> Most cluster nodes in my work are computing machines with an average run
> time of 220 days, usually over a year before they need a reboot.

Please, teach me: how do you manage to get Linux uptime this long (a year,
or even 220 days). In my observation at least once every 45 days there is
either Kernel security update or glibc one. And each one of them required
machine reboot. And all Linux distributions are based both on Linux kernel
and on glibc.

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Valeri