[CentOS] Slow Samba

Sun Jul 23 14:11:17 UTC 2017
Walter H. <Walter.H at mathemainzel.info>

On 23.07.2017 13:08, vychytraly . wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> I have a Gigabit network with few Windows and Centos 7 machines and I
> noticed that when copying files via Samba from:
>
> Windows to Windows I can copy files with speed of +- 120 MBps (I think this
> is the max speed gigabit network can provide)
which Windows  and which CentOS (6, 7) you are talking about?

> But when copying files from:
>
> Centos to Centos I get only speeds of about 40 MBps
how do you copy from CentOS to CentOS - SMB, too?
> Windows to Centos 40 MBps
>
> Centos to Windows 40 MBps
this seems to be, that SAMBA doesn't support SMB v2 or v3

can you try the following test, to see if it is not a problem deeper ...

can you get WinSCP ...
https://winscp.net/eng/download.php
(the Portable executables suits)

and connect with this from Windows to CentOS and try a file transfer here
if it has nearly the same speed as with SAMBA, the problem is deeper
if it is quite faster then the problem is SAMBA

Walter