[CentOS] What RH-like on a Dell XPS 15 (9590)?

Thu Jul 27 18:38:14 UTC 2017
wwp <subscript at free.fr>

Hello Matthew,

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 14:27:47 -0400 Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 07:25:25PM +0200, wwp wrote:
> > I've just got a Dell XPS 15 (9590) at work and need to set up a stable
> > GNU/Linux system on it. I thought of CentOS7, but.. obviously its
> > kernel can't run on this hardware.
>
> What sense of the word "stable" are you looking for?

It's a good question. When I wrote that, I was wondering what do I mean
saying "stable". Provided that it could be a top-recent kernel or a
respin, I guess that the stable concept is potentially gone.

Say, instead of stable, something not rawhide. But I'll examine all
options that do work, so let's forget about "stable".

Regards,

--
wwp