[CentOS] What RH-like on a Dell XPS 15 (9590)?

Thu Jul 27 20:24:29 UTC 2017
wwp <subscript at free.fr>

Hello Matthew,

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 15:59:35 -0400 Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 08:38:14PM +0200, wwp wrote:
> > Say, instead of stable, something not rawhide. But I'll examine all
> > options that do work, so let's forget about "stable".
>
> In that case — and I freely admit I have some bias here — I highly
> recommend Fedora. It's not stable in the sense of strict ABI
> compliance, although we try to minimize disruption within the 13-month
> life of a release, but it is stable in the "does not crash" sense.

Right, I'm currently digging that way, struggling a bit w/ the way I
write the F26 ISO to a USB flashdrive (I'll succeed tomorrow, found
better howtos to get rid of unetbootin issues).

Fedora could be stable enough even if not a standard/reference in
industry at all (which sticks to RH releases), I would have loved a
CentOS because it is way more compliant to my "corporate" needs (LTS),
but a Fedora could be do it, if it really does it, at least until
CentOS8 is out.

Regards,

--
wwp