[CentOS] Headphones volume control not working in CentOS 7

Fri Jul 28 23:05:50 UTC 2017
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 07/28/2017 03:28 PM, Bernard Lheureux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hope someone could enlighten me...
> How could I resolve the fact that the volume controls of all the
> headphones I try on CentOS 7 are not working, they are OK on CentOS 6
> but impossible to make them work on my Thinkpad Laptop with an iPhone
> headphones or a Marshal Monitor plugged with a jack connector...
> Those 2 headphones work correctly in CentOS 6...
> What could I do to get the same behavior on CentOS 7 and this damned
> Gnome 3 ?
> Thanks for your help...

Not sure, volume control on my USB headphones work just fine on CentOS
7. Both on the headphones itself and from the desktop.

On both my home built PC and on my Thinkpad T410 (where it also works
from volume buttons on keyboard)

I use MATE though, but I don't know if that is why.