[CentOS] Problems switching from RHEL 6 to Centos 6

Sun Jul 30 13:23:54 UTC 2017
Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org>

On 30/07/17 14:04, Alois Treindl wrote:
> Thank you. I could resolve the issues, by editing stuff in
> /etc/yum/pluginconf.d
>
> There, I created a file rhnplugin.conf with the content
>
> [rhel-6-server-extras-rpms]
> enabled=0
>
> [rhel-6-server-optional-rpms]
> enabled=0
>
> and I edited the file search-disabled-repos.conf and inserted into the line
> ignored-repos= ... the pattern rhel*
>
> I do not know whether this second step was necessary, I happened to do
> both at once.
> After that, yum upgrade no longer demanded rhel repositories.

I would use yum to uninstall the packages that provide
/etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo and /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf

On rhel7, these are yum-rhn-plugin and subscription-manager, use rpm to
check which packages provide them on el6.