[CentOS] Urgent: Need to change the location of a directory tree

Thu Jun 1 18:52:51 UTC 2017
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr> wrote:
> On 1/6/2017 6:06 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
>
>> ...then remove the mount from fstab and the initial mount point /scimount
>> and finally rename /scimount2 to /scimount ?
>

> Correction:
>
> ...then remove the mount from fstab and the initial mount point /mynfsmount
> and finally rename /mynfsmount2 to /mynfsmount ?
>

> Sorry for the confusion. (I changed the directory names while editing the
> mail, but I failed to change them all.)
>
> Looking forward to your advice.

      So,

1. Make sure both users are not logged in.
2. Create new mountpoints
3. Edit fstab to point to new mountpoints.
4. Edit /etc/passwd to refer to the new mountpoint for the two users
5. mount -a

Would that do the trick for you?