[CentOS] installer with centosplus kernel?

Fri Jun 23 02:49:17 UTC 2017
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 06/22/2017 04:36 PM, Keith Keller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to get a CentOS 7 ISO with the centosplus kernel?  I
> have some very old hardware I'd like to keep going if easy, but it has
> old NVidia network cards that need the forcedeth driver.  Apparently
> this driver is now in the centosplus kernel, but if I use the default
> ISO I won't be able to get on the network to get the centosplus kernel.
> (Of course I can get the kernel to the machine in other ways, but over
> the network is by far the most convenient.)
>
> See https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=7359 for more details.  I've
> done other web searches but found nothing more specific than this link.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --keith

I tried to create a new Everything ISO using the Plus kernel-plus
instead of kernel .. I got a bootable ISO, but anaconda keeps erroring
out without kernel and with kernel-plus in the repo.

I don't see an easy way to make this work.

If you are physically near the machine, just plugging in and mounting a
thumb drive with the said RPMs copied to it and doing:

yum install
<mounted_path>/kernel-plus-3.10.0-514.21.2.el7.centos.plus.x86_64.rpm

Should work