[CentOS] C7, systemd, say what?!

Mark Haney mark.haney at neonova.net
Wed Jun 7 15:31:06 UTC 2017

On 06/07/2017 11:24 AM, James Hogarth wrote:

> Mark stop with the flame baiting please.
>
> This is nothing systemd specific - and keep in mind /var/tmp is a
> persistent temp area unlike /tmp which as it's tmpfs by default is of
> course emptie don boot.
I would wholeheartedly disagree.  This IS something systemd specific.  I
have never seen init.d blow itself up over bloody symlinks.  The
readahead, while /possibly/ nice isn't at all necessary on modern
hardware.  I want my hardware to boot consistently, not bomb like an
Adam Sandler movie because of /symlinks/.

But hey, call it flamebait if you want. I'd be willing to bet a year's
salary most admins hate systemd with a passion.