[CentOS] C7, systemd, say what?!

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Jun 7 15:31:00 UTC 2017

Mark Haney wrote:

>> Thanks for the info. Now, why it shouldn't have cleaned itself up when I
>> gave it the reboot command... I see too many (that's defined as more
>> than zero) cases where systemd WANTS TO BOOT FAST, and doesn't wait for
>> things to finish - sush as not getting the hostname from dhcp, and so
having to
>> hardcode the name instead.
>>
>> Systemd, as I've said before, seems to be targeted towards laptops. Not
>> servers. Not workstations. *bleah*

> I'm still thinking it's a jacked up filesystem.  I'm not sure what fs
> you're using, though the default is xfs, but I'd look at dmesg and
> boot.log to see if the kernel is finding issues with the drives or just
> the fs.  It's also possible that server had been up a long time and RAM
> was funky.  I've seen both of these happen before.

Not sure what you mean when you say "jacked up filesystem". Here's fstab:

UUID=b32212c1-bb97-4a99-8200-aa8152da528d /               xfs     defaults
       0 0
UUID=d6648305-f049-4d7d-9999-670979da3cbe /boot           xfs     defaults
       0 0
UUID=1bc3baaf-4b52-4309-9564-f80f2c098643 swap            swap    defaults
       0 0
LABEL=export1           /export/1               ext4    defaults        0 0

      mark