[CentOS] C7, systemd, say what?!

Always Learning centos at u68.u22.net
Wed Jun 7 20:24:55 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-06-07 at 12:02 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:

> but will you contribute to building the non-systemd packages, and
> working out how to retrofit old sysV init back into everything via
> patches, etc ?    every RPM that interacts with systemd will need to be
> 'fixed' to do it the old way, with init.d scripts. repositories like
> postgres, EPEL, etc won't work, either, as their C7 packaged daemons are
> all configured to use systemd.

I'll do what I can providing people recognise I'm currently grossly
overloaded with community and family responsibilities and currently am
lucky if I get 6 hours sleep a day. However I'll try.

What is the advantage of patches over a virgin version that can be
subsequently patched ?

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.