[CentOS] using autofs on C-7

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.STONEHAM.ma.us
Fri Jun 9 17:58:25 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 08:45:26AM -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 6:18 AM, Fred Smith
> <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
> >>
> >> In my use, we continue to use autofs for automounts of CIFS volumes,
> >> because as best I can tell, systemd doesn't support using the
> >> request-key infrastructure to use a user's kerberos ticket to set up
> >> the automount.
> >
> > Glad to know it still works.
> >
> > Could any of you look back at my first post and give me a hint
> > what I'm doing wrong? (I can repost if necessary.)
>
> Your current setup does not agree with the instructions. May I suggest
> you follow the example in the wiki exactly as it is written? If you
> confirm that works, you can replace the name etc to fit your
> situation.
>
> Akemi

Akemi:

thanks for the reply!

I was struggling with the instructions because some things are not
defined, and left to the reader to figure out. Not blaming you, all the
other instructions I saw have the same issue. but if, for example, there
was a clear statement of how/where the name of the local mount point
was defined I might have gotten it right, but as it is I had to guess.

But I'll go do what you suggest and see what happens.

thanks again!

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ----------------------------
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?