[CentOS] OT - lowest power, cheapest python interpreter

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Jun 9 20:10:16 UTC 2017

On 6/9/2017 12:44 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 09:00:42PM +0200, Andrew Holway wrote:
>> I am searching for the cheapeat *nix SOC device with ethernet and wifi that
>> can run Python 2.7. Ethernet should be 100mbit and hopefully supporting PXE.
>>
>> OT because im doubting you can squeeze our bloaty friend onto such a
>> device....:)
> Raspberry Pi 3B ???? 35 bucks notincluding power supply or SD card.
>
> the only thing I'm not sure of is the PXE part.

Pi 3 supports PXE over ethernet without using an SD card... I don't
believe the older Pi's do, unless you put the PXE bootloader on an SD card.

I usually figure a Pi costs $50 + SD card, as I like to put them in a
case, and they do need a decent 2 amp MicroUSB PSU, you can get a case +
wallwart for $15 on top of the $35 board cost.