[CentOS] test builds on private server updates (kernel)

Andreas Benzler andreas at benzlerweb.de
Sat Jun 10 13:47:36 UTC 2017

Hallo Hughes,

thanks to let me know. It is good that you have a focus on LTS 4.9.

Unfortunately it is so that the new graphics cards from amd to today are not served in the opensource.
That's why I'm experimenting with the latest stable versions and what is so.

My laptop has done the linux-firmware update well, it is nevertheless one of the newest.

The kernel and appropriate firmware is unfortunately only the one side of a driver when it comes to graphics cards.

The hardware decoding works only sometimes. On CentOS in the moment not (Radeon / Intel),
but that is not synonymous the focus of a server system. This happens to me also with the
original packages.

I give my homework free in the thought that it might help somebody out there.

Sincerely

Andy