[CentOS] OT - lowest power, cheapest python interpreter

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Jun 11 04:38:49 UTC 2017

On 06/10/2017 02:54 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 09/06/17 21:00, Andrew Holway wrote:
>> I am searching for the cheapeat *nix SOC device with ethernet and wifi that
>> can run Python 2.7. Ethernet should be 100mbit and hopefully supporting PXE.
>>
>> OT because im doubting you can squeeze our bloaty friend onto such a
>> device.... :)
> I would have answered "CentOS 7 on armhfp board" but your last
> requirement is the one I'm not sure about : PXE boot
>
> But it seems possible :
> http://linux-sunxi.org/How_to_boot_the_A10_or_A20_over_the_network

Is Hans de Goede still over at Redhat?  He stepped down from maintaining
Sunxi, but did major work on uboot, and this looks like something that
he had a hand in.  He was the one to set up the Cubieboard uboot to look
for other devices if no partitions on the mSD card.

> Never tried that, but it seems that you still need to at least have
> uboot on a microSD, as embedded firmware on such low cost armhfp boards
> have zero features for this
>
> Now if someone has interest in this , why not test it and report that on
> the dedicated "CentOS armhfp" wiki page ?
> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/Arm32  :-)
I don't do any network booting.  I prefer to have my local sata drive...