[CentOS] looking for graphing tools

Fred Smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Jun 19 19:26:36 UTC 2017

Hi!

I have bazillions of incoming (rejected) attempts to connect to my
SMTP server, and I'm interested in separating out those that seem
to come in huge bunches (e.g., the one from yesterday that ran for
about 10 hours and sent over 4100 attempts), and graphing them so
I can see the spacing and/or distribution in time.

I can figure out some simple scripting to turn the maillog entries
into times since the epoch, or other formats, if needed, but I have
no experience with the various graphing tools availabe, or even
what (or where) they are.

I'd appreciate pointers-and-or-advice, should any of you have any
such things to give.

thanks in advance!

Fred
    community.