[CentOS] Updating to CentOS 7.3

Jerry Geis

jerry.geis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 00:13:46 UTC 2017

I have remote systems that need updating. C5 and C6 systems.

Is there a "method" that is out there that you can load an ISO of 7.3 on a
different partition (other than root) tell the boot up process that the ISO
is there, do a clean install, install everything, auto reboot, and now C7
is installed and running.

Some configuring will be required after - but that is fine. The OS will be
updated.

Has anyone worked out something like that ?

I'm shocked after all these years Redhat does not have a good upgrade path
from version to version.

Thanks

Jerry