[CentOS] CentOS 6 and luksOpen

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Jun 20 14:53:33 UTC 2017

Upgraded a RAID. Copied everything from backup.

And then my manager said I had to encrypt the drive.

I've done that, and made the filesystem, but I can't mount it.

CentOS 6.
I have the entry in /etc/crypttab, and a key in /etc/crypt.pw, and the
luks UUID in /etc/fstab. I cannot find the command that tells it to create
the device in /dev/mapper from the info in /etc/crypttab.

Clues for the poor? Yes, the server will, at some point in the future, go
to CentOS 7, but that needs my user to be off for a while, and his jobs
run literally for weeks, with loads upwords of 30 on an HBS (honkin' big
server)....

     mark