[CentOS] installer with centosplus kernel?

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Jun 23 04:04:43 UTC 2017

Hi Johnny, Akemi,

On 2017-06-23, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> If you are physically near the machine, just plugging in and mounting a
> thumb drive with the said RPMs copied to it and doing:
>
> yum install
><mounted_path>/kernel-plus-3.10.0-514.21.2.el7.centos.plus.x86_64.rpm
>
> Should work

This sounds fairly easy; I'll try it next time I'm nearby (I only
get to our data center every few weeks).  There's a filesystem I'm not
erasing for this install, so I can put the rpm there before I start
putting C7 on it.

For a server of this ''vintage'' trying to roll my own driver disk (or
even asking someone else to) might be more work than I'm willing to put
in.

Thanks for the suggestions!

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us