[CentOS] Question Mirrors ?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Jun 23 16:00:52 UTC 2017

On 06/23/2017 05:22 AM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> in the last weeks I have many, many Errors from chron hourly on my systems :-
> (.
>
> Have we broken or not updated mirrors in the yum config ?
>
> Thanks for a answer,

Another possibility is just the timing.  When we release a CentOS update
to mirror.centos.org, we release it to a master mirror and that takes it
to other mirror.centos.org mirrors.  That process takes about 30 minutes.

External mirrors, which sync at their own choosing, then get that
content on their schedule.

We have a mirrorlist that gets populated by both mirror.centos.org and
external servers.  That list takes some time to generate and there is
some lag time from when release updates and they are available everywhere.

During that lag time, you can get yum errors.  Usually, a yum clear all
and then a rerun of yum will fix the issues.

In the last several days we have had updates every day.