[CentOS] should NUMA be enabled?

Fri Jun 2 15:26:48 UTC 2017
hw <hw at gc-24.de>

Hi,

should NUMA be enabled in the BIOS of a server that has
two sockets but only a single CPU in one of the sockets?

 From what I´ve been reading, it is unclear to me if NUMA
should be enabled only on systems with multiple CPUs in
multiple sockets or if multiple cores of a single CPU in
a single socket benefit from NUMA being enabled, and if
memory access in general benefits from NUMA being enabled
(in some other ways) even when there is only a single
CPU in a single socket.

It seems clear that NUMA should be enabled an can be taken
advantage of when there are multiple CPUs in multiple sockets.