[CentOS] Urgent: Need to change the location of a directory tree

Fri Jun 2 05:40:54 UTC 2017
Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr>

On 1/6/2017 9:52 μμ, Mauricio Tavares wrote:

> 1. Make sure both users are not logged in.
> 2. Create new mountpoints
> 3. Edit fstab to point to new mountpoints.
> 4. Edit /etc/passwd to refer to the new mountpoint for the two users
> 5. mount -a
>
> Would that do the trick for you?

Thanks Mauricio,

Actually, the process you describe is the same as the one I described,
with the difference that we use the same mount point for the new
location (after unmounting the nfs mount), so we don't need to edit
/etc/passwd.

I completed this procedure successfully.

Thanks again,
Nick