[CentOS] C7, systemd, say what?!

Thu Jun 8 14:55:12 UTC 2017
Leroy Tennison <leroy at datavoiceint.com>

I was sorely tempted to post saying I would initiate an empty email to the list in a week with subject systemd and see what the response would be - I'll refrain...

----- Original Message -----
From: "m roth" <m.roth at 5-cent.us>
To: "centos" <centos at centos.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2017 9:32:57 AM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] C7, systemd, say what?!

Mark Haney wrote:
> On 06/08/2017 09:12 AM, Andrew Holway wrote:
>> I think we had enough of Systemd flaming last month. Please stop
>> polluting my inbox and find an operating system compatible with your
>> worldview. It is really tiresome to keep on hearing about it.
>>
> Huh. Okay, though I'm not sure when you became arbiter of this list.  If
> you don't like 'our worldview' discussions, maybe you need to find a
> different OS that suits your childish attitude.  Like Windows 95.
>
> Mailing lists now are so full of children it's hard to even use them.
> Maybe you should leave IT if heated discussions make you uncomfortable.

Folks, I'm the one who made the original annoyed throwaway remark. I've
even asked that we end the incipient flamewar. Look, as much as I dislike
systemd, going on and on and on just ain't of interest. Hell, I'll
probably skim and delete, or just delete.

Now, the information that someone posted about what might be happening to
cause my original question was helpful, and in *that* context, in the same
email, cmts about systemd, sure. But I dunno 'bout most of you, but a
flamewar that runs for *weeks*, as we've seen here, is of no interest.

Maybe we need another mailing list, like alt.religion.editors*, we could
have alt.religion.systemd.... <g>

      mark

* vi, not emacs! Nyahhhh....