[CentOS] OT - lowest power, cheapest python interpreter

Mon Jun 12 20:34:08 UTC 2017

On 06/11/2017 01:07 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 6/10/2017 9:19 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> I recommend the Cubieboards or Linkspirt. The advantage of both of
>> these over a RaspberryPI:
>>
>> Mainline kernel.  See what it takes for a special RPi kernel over on
>> the Centos-arm list.
>> Sata interface.  What are you going to run your stuff on? A slow SD
>> card or a slow USB drive?
>

> I use Rasbian on my pi's.      its pretty hard to beat $35 for the pi3
> if cost is important.

Not only am I able to run Centos on my Cubie armv7s (medon and onlo are
outwardly facing), I have Redsleeve 7 running on an old Pogoplug
Kirkwood armv5.  I do have to use a Fedora-arm 18 kernel for armv5.

Oh and ClearOS7 on my Windows file server.

So I basically have the same OS on all my servers.

Though I have been around *nix for 20+ years, it is not my business, and
having one OS keeps my life simpler.