[CentOS] Updating to CentOS 7.3

Tue Jun 20 02:10:09 UTC 2017

On Jun 19, 2017, at 8:13 PM, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a "method" that is out there that you can load an ISO of 7.3 on a
> different partition (other than root) tell the boot up process that the ISO
> is there, do a clean install, install everything, auto reboot, and now C7
> is installed and running.

I do this all the time, but it never is to “upgrade” a system, but to start a kickstart.  All our configuration is in CM so its easier to just kick off an install than to try to upgrade a system from el6 to el7.  Too many changes.  I’ve created kickstarts that preserved a volume that had data on it, but wipe the OS disks.