[CentOS] RDP for Centos 7

Thu Jun 22 17:13:54 UTC 2017
Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 05:48:57PM +0100, Rehabilitation Village Farms Coop wrote:
> Pls can someone tell me how to setup rdp and how it is used. Is there any
> step by step guide. Thank you

There's not much to it. It's the remote desktop protocol that you use to
access Windows servers.  On Windows you open port 3387 or allow RDP in some
other way. (I do almost no Windows, so I don't remember exactly, but I
think on servers, there's something in the Windows firewall that you can
allow.)

You then install freerdp. There are other things that will work, but this
is keeping it simple.

This site gives a brief explanation.

https://www.server-world.info/en/note?os=CentOS_7&p=x&f=5

You should be able to google for something like use CentOS-6 (or 7) connect
to Windows RDP and find various tutorials.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6