[CentOS] Laptop turns off after lid closed Centos6

Fri Mar 3 02:34:08 UTC 2017
Kahlil Hodgson <kahlil.hodgson at dp.exchange>

At a guess that's the Automatic Suspend option.

In the GUI. Go to Settings. Then Power. Scroll to the bottom. Click on
'Automatic Suspend'. You get a popup. Make sure "Plugged In" is set to
off.

There is probably a corresponding gsettings option that you could hunt down.

Hope this helps.

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 2:46 AM, david <david at daku.org> wrote:
> At 07:16 AM 3/2/2017, Leon Fauster wrote:
>>
>> > Am 02.03.2017 um 16:08 schrieb david <david at daku.org>:
>> >
>> > Folks
>> >
>> > I have a laptop which i am using temporarily as a test server.  It is
>> > permanently plugged in.  It is running Centos 6, command line only.  In the
>> > past, I could close the lid, thereby turning off the display, but not
>> > turning off the machine.  It remained running indefinitely.
>> >
>> > A recent update (this past week) changed that behavior.  Now, when I
>> > close the lid, the laptop turns itself off within an hour.
>> >
>> > A google search talks about tools like "upower" and apcitool, but a "yum
>> > search" does not locate them.
>> >
>> > Is there a way to revert back to the previous behavior?
>>

>> Sure that no X11/Gnome stuff got onto the system?
>>
>> --
>> LF
>
> LF:
> Yes, lots of stuff just in case I want to run a GUI for giggles.  The gnome
> stuff was present even with the earlier behavior.  Is there some setting I
> can adjust?
>
> David

Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson                       GPG: C9A02289
Chief Technology Officer                   (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382
Direct Pricing Exchange Pty Ltd

Suite 1415
401 Docklands Drive
Docklands VIC 3008 Australia

"All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer."  -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925