[CentOS] CentOS-6.8 fsck report Maximal Count

Thu Mar 9 14:46:02 UTC 2017
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017, James B. Byrne wrote:

> This indicated that a bad sector on the underlying disk system might
> be the source of the problem.  The guests were all shutdown, a
> /forcefsck file was created on the host system, and the host system
> remotely restarted.

fsck's not good at finding disk errors, it finds filesystem errors.

If it was a real disk issue, you'd expect matching errors in the host logs.
Did you?

> /var/log/messages:Mar  9 08:34:48 vhost03 kernel: EXT4-fs (dm-6):
> warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is recommended

Unmount it and run fsck on it, and that message would go away.  But I'd not
worry about that one.

jh