[CentOS] Finding lshw and flash-plugin or alternates

david

david at daku.org
Wed Mar 1 21:36:26 UTC 2017

Dear CentOS Gurus

I have been using "repoforge.org" primarily to obtain two RPMs,
"lshw" and "flash-plugin".  I recently realized that "repoforge.org"
should not be used, as it has had no updates for a long long
time.  But, when I search for the RPMs within the repos:
  base
  centosplus
  contrib
  epel
  extras
  updates

the lshw program is nowhere to be found.  I value its ability to
inventory the hardware, and construct an attractive HTML page.

So, for each of these two programs,
  - is there a repo I can add that would cover what I need
  - is there an alternate program in the case of lshw

This applies no only to Centos 6 (32 & 64), but also Centos 7.

David