[CentOS] CentOS-5 End of Life

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Mar 2 03:49:15 UTC 2017

On 3/1/2017 7:28 PM, Tom Munro Glass wrote:

> Can you say exactly when in early April the tree will be moved? I have
> a number of installations that need to continue running CentOS 5 so
> I'd like to do a final update before the tree moves.

may I suggest building your own mirror well before then, update it with
rsync or lftp weekly (or even daily), from
http://mirrors.xmission.com/centos/5  (pick your favorite mirror to make
the mirror from), and replace your CentOS-xxx.repo files with ones that
point to your private repo

I use a command like this to mirror everything and incrementally update,
you could change the last centos to centos/5  if you want to just fetch
and update that...

    lftp -c 'open ftp://mirrors.sonic.net && lcd /mirrors && mirror
    --continue --verbose=1 -x SRPMS centos'

(yes, you do need to find a ftp mirror, i had issues mirroring from an
http server).