[CentOS] Laptop turns off after lid closed Centos6

david

david at daku.org
Thu Mar 2 15:08:51 UTC 2017

Folks

I have a laptop which i am using temporarily as a test server.  It is
permanently plugged in.  It is running Centos 6, command line
only.  In the past, I could close the lid, thereby turning off the
display, but not turning off the machine.  It remained running indefinitely.

A recent update (this past week) changed that behavior.  Now, when I
close the lid, the laptop turns itself off within an hour.

A google search talks about tools like "upower" and apcitool, but a
"yum search" does not locate them.

Is there a way to revert back to the previous behavior?

Thanks

David