[CentOS] C 7.3 sshd will not reload

me at tdiehl.org

Thu Mar 2 16:29:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

Since upgrading to 7.3 I am having a problem getting sshd to reload after
configuration changes. When I issue the command "systemctl reload sshd.service"

I get the following error: "Unit sshd.service cannot be reloaded because it is inactive."

It is obviously still running because I am connected over ssh to the machine and netstat
shows it is listening.
(vnewman pts3) # netstat -tulpn | grep ssh
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      29249/sshd
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:6010          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      3012/sshd: root at pts
(vnewman pts3) #

If I reboot the machine, then everything is OK.

Has anyone seen this behavior or more importantly know how to fix it?

Regards,

Tom			me at tdiehl.org		Spamtrap address	 		me123 at tdiehl.org