[CentOS] CentOS 7, firefox, and flash

Walter Dnes waltdnes at waltdnes.org
Tue Mar 7 10:40:51 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 04:48:28PM -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote
> I posted Friday about this oddity. Now I've got more data, and what's
> happening is this: if I tell noscript to enable youtube and googlevideo in
> one tab, not only does it affect *all* tabs, but also affects another
> browser window opened from the first browser window.
>
> Anyone have any clues for a workaround fix?

  Generally, any change you make in a profile affects all tabs/windows
opened by that profile.  A workaround is to have a separate profile for
each website (or group of websites) that you visit a lot.  I've got over
20 profiles in Pale Moon ( a Firefox fork ) which still operates
similarly to Firefox.  Your program launcher/menubar would need to have
entries corresponding to the separate profiles e.g.

firefox -new-instance -p google
firefox -new-instance -p slashdot
firefox -new-instance -p wordpress
firefox -new-instance -p youtube