[CentOS] From Networkmanager to self managed configuration files

Giles Coochey giles at coochey.net
Wed Mar 8 09:57:45 UTC 2017

> The recommended configuration for EL7 is to use NetworkManager unless
> you have a very specific edge case preventing you from doing so:

The truth is a lot of us run servers that don't need to have their
network "managed" by Networkmanager.

We just need to set an IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS servers
and we will never be changing that configuration ever again for the
entire life of the server.
Any 3-4 line script that does the job is sufficient, servers don't need
gimmicks, they're not going to be hotspotting on wireless networks, the
cable goes in, the server enters production and that's it!

--
Regards,

Giles Coochey
+44 (0) 7584 634 135