[CentOS] From Networkmanager to self managed configuration files

Alice Wonder alice at domblogger.net
Wed Mar 8 11:15:44 UTC 2017

On 03/08/2017 01:57 AM, Giles Coochey wrote:

>> The recommended configuration for EL7 is to use NetworkManager unless
>> you have a very specific edge case preventing you from doing so:
>>
> The truth is a lot of us run servers that don't need to have their
> network "managed" by Networkmanager.

My experience was very difficult going to 7.2 to 7.3 because of a change
in the behavior of NetworkManager with respect to IPv6 but once I had it
figured out (thanks to people on this list) it worked out quite well and
I kept NetworkManager.

But I certainly understand why some don't want to do that.