[CentOS] From Networkmanager to self managed configuration files

Andreas Benzler andreas at benzlerweb.de
Wed Mar 8 13:48:14 UTC 2017

Hello David,

It was not to flame something about NetworkManager. There some
application that "needs" to wheel the old way.

I would never have thought it would be such an enlightenment for such a
small, old thing.

1. There is a file that isn't always needed (/etc/sysconfig/network)
2. I wanne have the same result in the old style. (NOZEROCONF=yes)

And just by the way. My Desktop computer here runs with the
NetworkManager.

1. Outside lan

2. A dummy bridge adapter fired by the NetworkManager
   (With a island name server + dhcp for kvm)

3. An internal lan that can also run an Centos Diskless computer.

That was not my intention; really not.

For a network starter it is an absolute must to know, how it works in
practically. Not me.

Sorry

     everyone