[CentOS] Up to date guide/information Sendmail SMTP Auth

Mark Weaver

mweaver at compinfosystems.com
Wed Mar 8 15:41:21 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I've been googling my brains out since yesterday looking for up-to-date
information on this matter, and have found information that is anywhere
from 15 to 5 years old. I'd really like some information that much more
up to date on the subject. Specifically configuring Sendmail SMTP
authentication (_no smart host stuff_).

I've got Sendmail 8.14 installed on a CentOS 7.3 server. Also installed:

- Cyrus-sasl
- Dovecot
- Openssl

Essentially everything I need except the working knowledge for the
process. If someone knows where I might locate this information it would
be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Mark