[CentOS] Up to date guide/information Sendmail SMTP Auth

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Wed Mar 8 17:34:19 UTC 2017

Try this article, "Outbound authentication for Sendmail."

http://www.databook.bz/?page_id=3097

I wrote this after setting it up on my own CentOS server.

On 03/08/2017 10:41 AM, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been googling my brains out since yesterday looking for
> up-to-date information on this matter, and have found information that
> is anywhere from 15 to 5 years old. I'd really like some information
> that much more up to date on the subject. Specifically configuring
> Sendmail SMTP authentication (_no smart host stuff_).
>
> I've got Sendmail 8.14 installed on a CentOS 7.3 server. Also installed:
>
> - Cyrus-sasl
> - Dovecot
> - Openssl
>
> Essentially everything I need except the working knowledge for the
> process. If someone knows where I might locate this information it
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> thanks
>
> Mark

David P. Both
"I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a
source of power! I hope we don't have to wait until oil
and coal run out before we tackle that."
  - Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and
    Harvey Firestone, 1931

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
Raleigh, NC, USA
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both
This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the
retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as
well as
printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using
it. If you
believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it
immediately.